10 Bad LARPs: Extended Play
240 minutes. Over 60 Live Action roleplaying games.
Oh my god, what was anyone thinking?
Possible Idea: Game split up into 4 or 5 thematic groups. Each one has a 5 minute break afterwards (with recorded music to go over the break - I'm thinking a series of 'How to' audio lessons: How to Speak <Blank> (which will consist of cursing in more and more bizzare languages), How to Cook (of course ending up with a discourse on making LSD), How to <something> and How to build (start off innocuously but get more and more bizzare))
Possible thematic groups (is thematic grouping a good idea):
- Political Games
- Sex Games
- Emo\ART Games
- Misc Games
Games to possibly cut:
- Capital Hills After Hours - very dated. These political jokes are now largely based on 5+ year old scandals.
- Price is Fright - Also kind of dated. Bob Barker doesn't even host TPIR anymore. Also, getting contingency envelopes set up right when this might come 2 hours into a very long slot is iffy.
- Divus Ex: Elder Gods - Cookies still make a big mess.
--- Pre-Game: "How to LARP"
- Shootout at the Mime Corral (interrupted like 30 seconds in with the GMs telling everyone to screw off and throwing toilet paper at them)
- Rules Briefing
Round 1 - Political Games:
- The Annunciation of Jack Chick
- KKK Press Conference
- Holocaust House
- The War on Christmas
- Airport Security
- Naptime 9/11
- Suicide Bomber Remedial Training
- Minigames 1: Naptime: Bangkok, School Shooting, Abortion Clinic, Abu Gharib Play Party, The Big Red Button, Towers of Babel: The Aftermath
3 Minute Break: "How To Cook"
Round 2 - Drugs, Alcohol and the Emo kids that love them:
- Drunkenness the LARP
- D.A.R.E. Graduation
- OCD Support Group
- Welcome to Napa
- Football: The Musical
- Goth Songwriters Night
- Performance Art Final Exam
- Minigames 2: Poetic Style, 12 Angry Men with Chainsaws, Wookie Symposium, 4 Emo Kids in a Cage with Badgers
3 Minute Break: "How to Curse in Klingon"
Round 3 - Games That Parody Other Games:
- Final Voyage of the Space Shuttle Challenger
- Tech Support: The Calling
- Amnesia: The LARP
- Massive Crossover
- Iron GM: The LARP
- All-Jesus LARP
- Minigames: Psi-Killers, 15 Vests for 15 Steves, Zombies Vs Clowns, Time Travel LARP, 12 Players in Search of a LARP
3 Minute Break: "How to use the Kama Sutra"
Round 4: Games That Involve Sex